We are a leading research university committed to maintaining the highest st和ards of research excellence 和 integrity.
所有研究人员(竞博官网app和学生), undergraduate 和 postgraduate) must ensure their research is conducted according to appropriate ethical, 法律和专业框架, 义务和标准.
Before you perform any research activity, you must:
- 完成，提交并同意一份 Ethical Implications of 研究 Activity (EIRA) 1 form
- (if you require ethical approval) seek 和 obtain full ethical committee approval
This requirement applies to externally or internally-funded research, consultancies 和 external partnerships as well as other activity. This also applies to staff 和 student research activities.
Any significant change to a project for which an EIRA form has been completed will require a new EIRA form.
The entire process of filling out, reviewing 和 signing off the form 发生在网上.
- The Principal Investigator (PI) completes the form 和 sends it to a 第二个读者.
- The 第二个读者 reviews the form 和 either sends it back to the PI with comments or forwards it to the Head of Department/Division. (The Departmental 研究 Ethics Officer is automatically notified when the form reaches the Head of Department/Division.)
- The Head of Department/Division can either send it back to the PI with comments or sign it off.
- The DREO will review issues for action 和 inclusion in the Departmental Annual Monitoring Report.
If you need advice on identifying or assessing ethical issues or completing the form, you should 请联系您的DREO.
如果你对第一部分的任何问题回答“是”, 2 or 3 your project will require formal ethical consideration. Please ensure that you seek guidance from your Faculty/School to ensure that the necessary ethical approvals are in place before the project starts.
If you are working with the NHS 和 are unsure whether your project falls under the definition of '研究' according to the UK Policy Framework for Health 和 Social Care 研究 please use this 决策工具 to help you confirm what kind of ethical consideration your project requires. For the purpose of work carried out at the University, 已进行的工作, 或监督, a member of staff in a 研究 contract is considered to be research 和 guidance below applies.
Your research may require additional ethical reviews if it involves:
- human participants, blood or human tissue (see the guidance for 申请大学赞助 to work in the NHS, 心理学的伦理委员会 和 健康研究伦理批准委员会)
- people who do not have capacity to consent (see the guidance for 申请大学赞助 to work in the NHS, 心理学的伦理委员会 和 健康研究伦理批准委员会)
- NHS(见指南 申请大学赞助 to work in the NHS 和 健康研究伦理批准委员会)
- 临床试验(见指导 申请大学赞助 to work in the NHS 和 健康研究伦理批准委员会)
- 敏感数据(contact your Department 研究 Ethics Officer (DREO) in the first instance); the 图书馆 has a page with further guidance on storage, encryption, transfer 和 disposal of sensitive data. The 研究数据服务 run an annual workshop on managing sensitive data. If you need to organise a bespoke training session please 给他们发电子邮件
- 由ESRC资助参见 社会科学研究委员会 为更多的细节
请联系您的DREO to find out if your research requires additional ethical reviews.
即使你已经获得了研究经费, you will not receive the funding before completing these additional reviews.
根据法案, 移走是非法的, store or use human tissue from the living or deceased without appropriate consent; the consent must be for specified ethically approved research or health-related purposes. This offence is punishable by a fine 和/or three years' imprisonment.
人体组织管理局的行为准则 give practical guidance on human tissue legislation.
The University does not hold a licence for usage or storage of human tissue. As such, all work involving human tissue can only be done under Sponsorship. 有关更多细节，请参阅指南 申请大学赞助
If your research involves the study of terrorism 和 you require access to material which supports terrorism as part of your work, 请把你的研究资料登记在 Nicky Kemp, Director of Policy, Planning 和 Compliance. More information 和 guidance can be found in section 2.5.1 'Security Sensitive 研究' of the University's 预防政策.
Microsoft Teams is the recommended platform for conducting confidential research interviews online. 阅读竞博官网app的 guide to conducting confidential research interviews online 确保机密性, privacy 和 data protection requirements are adhered to when recording 和 storing online interviews.